Thursday, July 13, 2006

full moon party

First things first. Happy Birthday Mum! I hope you have a lovely day. Sorry that I'm not at home, or even indeed in the same country. Take it easy today please. That's an order.
Second things second. Last night was the night of the Full Moon Party here on Ko Pha-Ngan. Once every month, at the time of the full moon, there is a massive dance festival/rave on the beach. Travellers and tourists drain from Thailand's four corners to attend, and many fly in from all over the world just for the party. The beach fills with thousands of dancers and revellers, and the fun doesn't stop until dawn. Actually, it doesn't even stop at dawn.
I had a good time, proof being my sore head this morning. I danced to the best of my abilities, and wandered the beach chatting to whoever I found. A lot of my night was spent detaching Thai women from my pelvis - not very easy for a number of reasons. I also spent a lot of time telling half the beach that I did not want to buy ecstacy from them, and then telling the other half that I did not have it to sell. Call me a prude but, being as I am, in a country plastered with 'drugs is death penalty' posters, I'm steering clear of this recreational leisure choice. Even if everyone else is doing it. But so it goes.
I turned it in around 3am, and got some decent sleep.
Everyone is out and about this morning, telling their tales of who vomited where, and asking 'what happened to Mick? Has anyone seen him yet?' I'm the only one on the island who seems to have had a shower, and taken my glow stick off.
I feel better now I've had my traditional Thai breakfast (Swiss Muesli), and plan to spend the rest of the day watching undemanding American movies in local bars, and drinking fruit juice. Collecting my washing is as strenous as it's going to get.
More photos added.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ann

Charles I hope you got up on stage and did the 'lads' dance proud!

Lori said...

How good of you to remember your mums birthday. She must be proud!