Sunday, July 09, 2006

the idler

'I may not be rich, but at least I'm idle.' Bronco John, Tramp
I'm still in Ko Pha-Ngan, working hard at relaxing, and practising the art of being completely idle.
Most of the time I'm wandering around the beach, or lolling around in bars watching films and drinking soft drinks, or scanning the bookshops for Tom Sharpe's.
Not wanting to be totally inactive though, I've made the effort to find out what's happening with the World Cup, and note that France and Italy are in the final tonight. I predict a win for Italy, and this is what I think I'd prefer - not for any particular reason. I've also checked the Internet for news on Big Brother but didn't recognise a number of the house mates when I logged on. Not sure what's happened there?
I'm hanging on in Ko Pha-Ngan for a few more days because there's a Full Moon Beach Party on 12 July, and it seems a bit silly not to stay for this, but after I'll be ready to move on. Then I'm going to head over to Phuket, via a couple of days in Ko Samui, and then back up to Bangkok so I can start getting some culture in again.
I've added some more photos to my photo section. A couple of beach shots. As you'll see the weather is good here - it's hotter than the sun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Charlie, good to see that you’re on your way to truly become an idler…what a place to practise relaxing…your photos are great! Look forward to reading more of your trip. A bientot
PS: even though your predictions were right, not sure you’re forgiven for not supporting beloved France.