Monday, June 12, 2006

saturday night

I spent Friday night at The Edinboro Castle, on the Camden/Primrose Hill borders, where I met up with my friends to say farewell prior to my leaving the UK. I had a lovely time, and it was really great to see everyone.
Before the beers began, I went with Raj to a vegetarian Thai restaurant opposite Camden Town tube. The Thai Buffet is an old favourite of ours and never disappoints. Aside from the wonderful food, the atmosphere is unpretentious, and the staff are always very friendly and welcoming. We both made pigs of ourselves, but if you can't go wild once in a while you live in a sad old world.
I had been slightly worried beforehand that the aftermath of the England v Paraguay match might mean the pub would be rammed with rowdy shaven-headed football fans wearing England flags as capes. However, this was not the case. It was just comfortably busy when we arrived, and there was plenty of space, and it was easy to get to the bar. We even managed to bag a decent sized table in the beer garden. It was the perfect evening for a few lagers in the sun.
I ate an obligatory chicken kebab on the way home. By 'ate' I mean I spilt the majority of it down my best shirt.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came along (especially those who were travelling long distances) for such a lovely evening. I really appreciated you being there, and we'll all meet again sometime soon. I'll remember the beers, the company, and the sunshine during all my lonely nights in the desert.

No comments: