Monday, June 05, 2006

london eye

On Sunday I finally went on the London Eye after almost four years living in London. Not having been has always felt like a bit of unfinished business. You always get the impression everyone else has been except you.
I went with my Mum and Dad, and it turned out to be the perfect day for it, with the sun shining and no hint of rain in sight. I think they enjoyed themselves (we spent the morning at Camden Market).
The 'flight' was about 20 minutes and I didn't get bored as we went round. There was no one annoying in our capsule (bonus), and we got a good photograph of ourselves at the end, which will no doubt adorn the parental mantelpiece before long.
Afterwards, we were surveyed by a BAA employee on whether we had enjoyed ourselves. Completing the survey took roughly as long as the ride itself, and I was waiting for the guy to ask: on a scale of 1 to 10 how likely we thought it that we'd die of old age before he stopped asking us customer satisfaction questions? (The answer would have been 9). As they always do, he meant well, and so he was forgiven.

2 comments:

Ur Man CD said...

It gives me enormous pleasure to be the SECOND person to put a comment on this here blog.

So Charles, having scaled the heights of the London Eye aren't there other London type things you need to do before you leave the capital city for good? Are you going to have a big London Blow-Out before you leave?

Oh and did they offer refreshments on the flight with annoying stewardesses?

Charlie said...

There's always more to do in London. The rest will have to wait until my return. I've got other fish to fry.