Tuesday, May 30, 2006

goodbye london

Last Friday I resigned from my job as an Education Welfare Officer after nearly four years, and finalised my plans to leave my flat near Caledonian Road, to go travelling around South East Asia.
I've booked a flight to Bangkok with Gulf Air which leaves Heathrow on 28 June. I plan to wander around as much of South East Asia as my feet can take, and the border guards will permit. Ideally, I'd like to go to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Malaysia, Brunei, the Philippines, and Singapore but I'll see how I go, and work at a pace that feels right.
Overwatching my Michael Palin DVD boxset has certainly made a contribution to my wanting to do this, as has a 3 week long holiday I took last year in Indonesia, but mainly I just want a change and to shake my life up a bit. A 6500 mile flight seems like a good start.

This blog will be a record of what happens next. If you read on you will find out what goes right, and what goes wrong. The ups, the downs, the highs, the lows.

Anyway, Terminal 3 here I come! More soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to Indonesia with Charlie.

Raj.