Saturday, July 28, 2007

home

I'm back in the UK. I made it back safely. There were no problems getting to the airport in Mumbai on Thursday. My nine hour British Airways flight (flight number: BA0198) left on time (at 1.15pm local time), and I arrived back in the UK at 6pm (again local time). I was able to catch all the connecting trains to Lowestoft and finally arrived home at 11.45pm not feeling too tired considering.
It feels good to be back home. The UK has never seemed so sanitised and clean, and I am back in a world of set prices and cold air, a place where I can drink tap water without falling ill. I come back to a different Prime Minister, but otherwise everything seems much as I left it in March.
Since getting home, amongst other things, I've caught up on some sleep, sifted a little through my photographs, and totalled up the final amount of money I've spent going to India. I think I've been quite economical over all...
.
Flight costs: £358.90 (an 'open jaw' flight to Delhi returning from Mumbai).
Visa fee: £30.
Money spent in India over four months: £1291.85 (106 500 Rps).
Average money spent per day India: £10.50 (865.9 Rps).
Total money I've spent going India: £1680.75.
.
Well, that's it: my travelling is over for the moment and this blog is now finished and complete. The biggest trip I'll be making for a while is the trip over the road to the newsagents. It's time for me to look for a new job and a return to normality...
.
Take care,
Bury (no longer abroad)

3 comments:

Ur Man CD said...

So how can I get in touch with you now that you're home?

Any plans for further blogs about the journey to new normality?

Charlie said...

No. No more blogging for a while. I need a rest.

Email me. I still have the same email address.

Henry North London 2.0 said...

one lakh Rupees? Nice one.. That must have been a good trip