Tuesday, January 16, 2007

my last day

This is it: day two hundred and two, and blog number one hundred and one. The end. My last full day in South East Asia. I almost can't believe it.
It's been the trip of a lifetime, it really has, and the best seven months of my life without doubt. I'm facing one of those bitter sweet moments now: I'll be sad to leave it all behind, what an amazing part of the world South East Asia is, but I also can't wait to see home, my family, and my friends.
As it turns out, I faced one last trial this morning, my last I hope, when I was unable to get any money from the cash machines in Bangkok. My remaining travellers cheques bailed me out - I did need them after all - and have provided me with just enough to pay my hotel bill, get by today, and then over to the airport first thing tomorrow morning. The House of Bury is at last in order and ready to come home. Soon Bury will no longer be abroad.
I just wanted to say a big thank you to all those who've followed what I've been up to, and have emailed me with encouragement and kind words. I've really appreciated it, and it's really helped me to keep going.
I've learnt a lot on this trip, both about travelling and about myself, and I've messed plenty of things up too along the way. I suppose it was inevitable. But, as the late Peter Cook once said, 'I've learnt from my mistakes and I'm sure I can repeat them exactly.'
See you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey,
Happy New Year!! See you soon.

(Next week?)

Emma
xxx

Anonymous said...

2007. The year that South East Asia saw an unexpected rise in the number of children born with mousey blond hair and sizeable lugholes. x